Saturday, December 13, 2008

Carpet, Tableclothes and Other Evils

So the other day I was helping Gabe go potty and when I returned to the dinner table Sammy had effectively pulled the table cloth off the table with the contents of his Gerber dark green garden vegetables onto the floor. It made the biggest splat I have seen. So I got to thinking as I sat on my hands and knees cleaning up the mess...who ever invented carpet must not of had children, what a hideous mess! Also whoever invented tablecloths must not have had children either. Again stupid invention! I can see how for some people they are pretty and great an all but I think from now on I am banning the use of them till my kids are much, much older. Also I am redoubling my efforts to save up for hardwood floors! Bye Bye shag sea foam blue carpet!! (Who puts carpet in the kitchen and dinning rooms anyway?!)

I'll get off my soapbox now. Thank you.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I TOTALLY agree. So Hyrum was super sick one week, so sick he started getting lethargic because he was so dehydrated. He refused every kind of liquid I tried. So I busted out the coveted red Kool- Aid (you can tell I was desperate). Yep, even though he hadn't thrown up ALL day- it was EVERYWHERE on our white-ish carpet. They should tell you on the label that no matter how hard you scrub or what industrial chemicals you use it will NEVER come out. Lesson Learned!